Lentils are naturally packed with protein, iron, and fiber, making Lentils Fritters an ideal ingredient for your infant’s diet. Their versatility lends them to soups or salads, or use them as a filler in meatloaf or fritters like these.
Lentil Fritters Recipes
BLW Lentils Fritters
- 1 cup red or green split lentils soaked 3 to 4 hours in water, rinsed, and drained
- 1 cup minced baby kale spinach, or dark greens of choice
- 1 cup grated sweet potato or 1 large baked and cooled sweet potato
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oats quick-cook or old-fashioned
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Line your work surface with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the lentils, kale, sweet potato, egg, cheese, garlic, cumin, onion, paprika, and salt together until you reach a chunkycreamy consistency.
- Transfer the lentil mixture to a medium mixing bowl, and stir in the oats.
- With your hands, shape the batter into thin sticks (length of middle finger and diameter of pinkie), and place on the prepared work surface.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Fry the fritters, turning to get all sides golden brown. Let cool before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze in a freezer-safe container. Pop them in the oven for a quick side or snack.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Lentil Fritters
To make vegan lentil fritters, you’ll need some ingredients. Red lentils are high in fiber and contain soluble fibre. You can omit the herbs for a spicier flavor. You can also omit the chopped spinach and ginger. Lentils can also be replaced with chickpea flour or breadcrumbs if you prefer. If you’d like to reduce the amount of fat in lentil fritters, omit the cilantro.
For a more filling version, try adding spinach and okra. If you can’t find black lentils, try using green lentils. They’ll add a more interesting texture and will hold together better. Be sure to drain the lentils well before proceeding with the recipe. Let the fritters cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. You can then add more vegetables as desired. Then, garnish with lemon-herb yogurt or sprinkle with additional pepper flakes.
To make a vegetarian version, try using spinach instead of black lentils. The green variety has a similar texture. If you don’t want to use spinach, try substituting it with another vegetable, such as broccoli or kale. In the event you’re worried about gluten-free or vegan, you can try chickpea flour or breadcrumbs. Either option is fine. Just make sure that the batter is completely cooled before frying it.
Tips and Tricks
Lentil fritters can be made with a variety of vegetables. For vegetarians, zucchini is a great choice. It’s rich in fiber and reduces the risk of heart disease. Lentil fritters are a healthy snack for vegetarians and vegans alike. They’re a quick and satisfying snack or side dish. They’re also a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables.
Lentil fritters are a healthy, nutritious snack that can be enjoyed by anyone. You can use any vegetable you prefer. If you don’t like lentils, try carrots or zucchini. They’re both delicious and nutritious. If you don’t have carrots, you can try using a different type of flour. You can also experiment with herbs and spices to make your lentil fritters more interesting.
Lentil fritters can be served with a variety of dips. Sour cream, greek yogurt, and crushed red pepper go well with lentils. Aside from the classic topping, you can try using any vegetable that you like. Besides the savory, these delicious fritters also pair well with vegetables. If you’re a vegetarian, you can serve lentil fritters with green beans.
You can also use pre-cooked lentils in lentil fritters. To make lentils fritters, you should soak them for 2 hours in cold water. If you don’t have time to cook lentils, simply cook them in vegetable broth or water for about forty minutes. You can also use canned lentils. Remember to drain them well before frying. You can add the vegetables of your choice after you’ve cooked the lentils.
Food and Meal website gives you culinary and cultural journeys around the world that you couldn’t find anywhere. Feel free to accompany us so that all the cooking secrets and techniques are to your fingers.