Do you want something simple for dinner that is still packed with nutrients? Then you can try this paleo baked potato salad recipe. It consists of bacon, roasted vegetables and spices which will surely delight your tummy. This recipe also comes highly recommended as a side dish if you are preparing for a large-crowd gathering since it is very simple and easy to prepare.
Paleo Baked Potato Salad Recipe
- Read more: healthy salad recipe
Paleo Baked Potato Salad
- 1½ lb. fingerling potato cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup red onion cut into ½” pieces
- 5 strips of uncured bacon diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and proceed into preparing your main ingredients.
- Put the potatoes, Italian seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Incorporate everything my tossing.
- Get your baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer.
- Get them into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Momentarily remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the potatoes with onions and bacon, then return it to the oven for another 20 minutes (or until the bacon is cooked).
- Let it cool a bit just enough for the flavours to seep in.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
What is Paleo Baked Potato Salad
A classic southern potato salad is creamy and packed with crispy bacon, green onions, and bacon. This recipe calls for homemade Whole30 or Paleo ranch dressing and uses dairy-free ingredients. Simply mix all the ingredients and chill. You can also use any type of lettuce, but keep the romaine or spinach out if you are trying to stay away from dairy. You can also make this Paleo Baked Potato Salad in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
Tips for making Paleo Baked Potato Salad
This recipe is packed with nutrients and is great for large crowds. It’s loaded with bacon, roasted vegetables, and spices for added flavor. It’s a perfect side dish for a big gathering and is a great substitute for the traditional potato salad. Here’s how to make it! After the potatoes are roasted, chop them into small cubes. Mash the potatoes with a wooden spoon and stir in mayonnaise and mustard until they are creamy. Add the chopped vegetables and herbs and mix well.
First, prep the ingredients. Then, cook the bacon in a large non-stick saute pan. Do this once before halfway through and a second time when done. Once the bacon has finished cooking, set aside. Next, cook the broccoli in the bacon grease. Continue to cook until al dente. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine the lemon juice and nutritional yeast in a small bowl. Once mixed, add the broccoli.
Besides the bacon and the broccoli, potato salad contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. For example, they are high in vitamin B6 which are important for cardiovascular and nervous system health. In addition, they’re a good source of resistant starch, which are up-and-coming for the care of your gut bacteria. This is a tasty, easy-to-make Paleo Baked Potato Salad.
This recipe is easy to make. To prepare it, cook the bacon. Sauté the broccoli. Toss the potatoes in the dressing. Serve with a spicy “cheesy” mayo. It’s great for the springtime! It’s delicious and makes for a great side dish. And it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals. Try it for yourself! You’ll thank yourself and food and meal later!