Want something sinful yet simple for an appetizer? We highly recommend scallion pancakes on your list. They contain oil from frying and can really be addicting as you consume every bite. Aside from ruining your diet, it is pretty sure that these pancakes can gratify your palate.
Do not get intimidated with making your homemade dough. We can promise you that it is really simple and easy, but you may have to get ready to test your ‘patience area’ as you will have a lot of waiting time here.
- 6 cups of all-purpose flour
- Bunch of scallions, chopped
- 3 cups of warm water
- Vegetable oil (for brushing and frying)
Read more recommend potato and onion pancake recipe
- Sift your flour into a large bowl and after that, make a hole at the center of the flour.
- Slowly add your water and mix the flour and water together using your hands.
- Keep kneading and mixing the dough until you form a firm ball.
- Get a plastic wrap and envelop your dough with it. Leave it be for about half an hour in just room temperature.
- After half an hour, unwrap the dough and divide it into medium sized balls.
- Sprinkle a flat surface with some flour and roll out medium-sized dough using a rolling pin to make flat circular dough.
- Get your pastry brush and brush the top of the circle with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the flat dough and then go with the scallions.
- Take one side of the circle and roll it to the other side so it will coil up like a snail.
- Put a large skillet over a medium-high heat and add veggie oil to the skillet.
- Pan-fry the pancakes until both sides attain a golden brown coloring.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 45 minutes
- Cooking : 15 minutes
- Serving : makes 10-12 medium pancakes