This healthy Black Kale Salad is easy to make at home. It has a delicious, tangy flavor and a low calorie count. It’s also loaded with nutrients! A cup of kale contains about 35 calories and five grams of fiber. A serving of kale has more calcium and iron than an entire serving of beef or milk. It’s high in vitamin A and C, which are essential for skin, vision, and metabolism. The vegetable is also high in vitamin K, which helps protect your body against different cancers.
Black Kale Salad Recipes
Black Kale Salad
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling Kosher salt 2 teaspoons honey
- Freshly ground assorted peppercorns
- 1 cup mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 bunch black kale stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced Small handful toasted pumpkin seeds, about 2 rounded tablespoons
- To make the dressing, combine all of the dressing ingredients except the oil in a food processor or by hand if there are no solid chunks.
- Slowly add the oil in small streams while mixing/whisking until it has a creamy consistency.
- Divide the ingredients evenly among the mason jar/s.
- Layer them in order based on the ingredient list above in a mason jar starting with the dressing.
- Make sure the dressing does not touch the greens yet.
- Place the lid and close tightly.
- Shake the jar well to coat the ingredients with the dressing and enjoy!
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Black Kale Salad
To make the dressing, mix the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Toss the remaining ingredients into the dressing. Add the kale and apples to the dressing. Toss to combine. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. After serving, the kale will have absorbed the dressing and taste delicious. You can serve this salad anytime you want to indulge in a healthy meal.
First, make the dressing. You can add more of lemon juice, chile flakes, or even Parmesan cheese. Then, combine all of the ingredients with a whisk and pour the dressing over the kale. Let the dressing rest for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the salad. The black kale should rest for at least an hour before being served. You can add more of the ingredients if you wish.
To make the dressing, combine lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, and chile flakes. After combining these ingredients, add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. After the kale is wilted, add the apples and cheese. Then, pour the dressing over the kale and mix well. Cover the bowl and allow it to sit for at least an hour before serving. Then, serve the Black-Kale salad.
To prepare the dressing, mix together the extra-virgin olive oil with the garlic and red pepper flakes. Once the kale is lightly wilted, combine the dressing with the remaining ingredients. Once the kale is done resting, add the apples. Then, add the remaining ingredients and toss well. After the kale has rested, the dressing should be poured over the salad.
FoodandMeal site is happy to accompany you on a tour of culinary cultures around the world. Feel free to ask us anything about the recipes because all your kind comments give us the chance to improve our site.