Halloween is just right around the corner and for adult trick o’ treat-ers and wanna-be witches, you may be enticed by what may be the best highlight of Halloween table: the Witch’s Brew ! Just a little bit caution though—the sangria is one potent potion.
- Read more: Latin America foods
- 2 bottles (750 ml each) of red wine
- 1 cup of orange juice
- ¾ cup of brandy
- ½ cup of orange liqueur
- 1 cup of grapes
- 3 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 2 apples, seeded and diced
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup of sugar
- a large black cauldron
- a punch bowl (should be smaller than the cauldron)
- 4-6 pounds of dry ice (can be bought from supermarkets, party supplies stores or even ice cream stores)
- hot water
- In a large glass punch bowl, mix all the sangria ingredients from the red wine through the half cup of sugar. Now, make sure that the punch bowl you chose should be smaller and fits inside the cauldron without showing.
- Refrigerate the sangria (or brew) for about a day or two in order to extract all the flavors of the ingredients.
- Before serving, put the punch bowl inside the cauldron.
- Get the dry ice and break them up into large chunks. Carefully place the chunks inside the cauldron, surrounding the punch bowl.
- You can create the smoking effect by carefully pouring hot water onto the dry ice. Remember, you want the effect but don’t spoil the sangria by carelessly adding the water into it.
- You can add more dry ice and hot water to the cauldron as needed.