Are you up for the night with friends for a movie marathon or game watching? Don’t forget to include these wonderful discs into your snack menu list. Loaded potato bites surely give justice to its name, no wonder it’s a favorite.
Read more our vegetarian recipe
For the spice mix:
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder
- ½ tsp. of chili powder
- ½ tsp. of dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. of cumin
- ⅛ tsp. of paprika
- ¼ tsp. of ground cayenne red pepper
- ⅛ tsp. of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. of sea salt
For the sweet potato bites:
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
For the toppings:
- Hot sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese (preferably the Mexican blend variant)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- sour cream
- For the spice mix, just add all the ingredients together into a large bowl.
- For the potato bites, add the olive oil and then the sweet potato slices to the spice mixture you prepared beforehand. Mix until the sweet potato slices are well coated with the spice mixture.
- Place the potato slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure that the rounds do not overlap each other.
- Bake one side for about 8 minutes and remove from the oven. Flip the potato slices and bake for another 8 minutes.
- When the potato slices are done, get them off the oven and add a dot (or more, depending on your taste) of hot sauce on each slice.
- Top each slice with shredded cheddar cheese and wait for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Before serving, add a blob of sour cream on each slice and top with sliced green onions and jalapeno pepper.
- To make the sour cream easier to drop, mix it with a few drops of water into a bowl in order to loosen it.
Non vegetarian recipe How to Make Homemade Potato Burger
Keywords: Loaded Potato Bites