One classic dish that’s also an all-time favourite and an easy recipe recommended for the always-on-the-go moms is the egg salad. You can partner this up with bread or simply fold lettuce leaves around it.
- 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp. of dill
- 1 tsp. of relish
- ½ cup of onion, chopped (or ½ tsp. of onion salt/ ½ cup of chopped chives)
- 2 stalks of celery
- Mustard (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Lettuce (for serving)
- Bread (for serving)
Recommend: Salad How to Make Pesto Ranch Pasta Salad – 4 Steps
- Put half a dozen eggs in a medium-sized saucepan and cover them with cool water. Make sure that the water reaches ½ – 1 inch above the eggs.
- Sprinkle the water with a dash of salt and cover saucepan with a lid.
- Bring the water into a boil over a medium or medium-high flame.
- Turn off your stove and let the eggs sit inside the saucepan for another 7 minutes. Do not take off the lid just yet.
- Take a bowl big enough to fit in the eggs and cover them again with ice water.
- Submerge the eggs into the cold water for another 3-5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and put them into another medium-sized bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise or the Greek yoghurt for a healthier option. Alternatively, you can use 1 tbsp. of mayo and 1 tbsp. of the yoghurt.
- Mash the eggs with a fork and add seasonings.
TIME & Serving
- If you want a salad without bread, prepare a bed of washed lettuce. Spoon the salad onto the lettuce and serve (makes 4 servings).
- If you want the egg salad for a sandwich, toast 2 pieces of bread. Smear butter onto the bread and spoon the egg salad. Cut the sandwich in half and serve with your favourite beverage.