Cooking this peanut-flavoured noodle dish is something like of a child’s play. Just blend in the ingredients and you’re good to go.
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 8 oz. of soba or rice noodles (substitute: linguine or spaghetti pasta)
- 3 tbsp.of peanut butter
- Crushed red chilli flakes (in any amount you like)
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil (or canola oil)
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 3/4 tbsp. of lime juice
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. green onion (or cilantro or parsley for garnish), chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
Spicy Peanut Noodles bowl
- Cook the noodles or pasta based on the instructions given in the packaging. Avoid over-cooking the noodles or pasta. After boiling, drain the noodles and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a saucepan and add salt.
- Prepare the sauce by putting together all the sauce ingredients as indicated above in one bowl. Add 3 tbsp. of water and blend them together using a whisk until the mixture forms a sauce.
- As the water boils, put the broccoli florets and continue to boil for one minute, or until the florets become bright green, crispy and tender. Remove the broccoli from the water using a wok or a slotted spoon.
- Add the broccoli florets onto the noodles and toss.
- Add the sauce into the noodles and toss, making sure that the noodles are evenly coated with the peanut butter sauce.
- Top with your choice of chopped cilantro leaves, green onion, or parsley. You can also one lime wedge per serving if you want to.
- You can serve your spicy peanut noodles whether hot or chilled.
Keywords: Spicy Peanut Noodles