Now that it’s Summer time, we are all craving to have that ‘summer kind’ of body. Whether it’s for display or just because we wanted to wear the bikini or swimming trunks that you have just bought last week, you might also prefer to stay fit and healthy. However, in order not to suffer from heatstroke and dehydration, you must make sure that you are always rehydrated and taking lots of fruits. This is where our healthy peach yogurt comes into scene.
If you’re not bothered about eating anything with yogurt in it, this peach yogurt recipe will definitely refresh you. We always find plain yogurt somewhat boring so putting peaches in will give it a very delicious twist, aside from the fact that it is also a healthy choice. The truth is, you can put any kind of fruit in your yogurt, whether it is orange, apples and even strawberries.
Unlike Ice Cream, Frozen yogurts tend to become more on the creamy and healthy side. In addition to that, compared to milk, yogurt contains smaller amounts of saturated fat compared to milk in ice cream so it’s usually preferred by those who are concerned about their health. It can also be eaten even by pregnant and nursing women.
If you’re interested in making one, listed below is the recipe for you to make one.
- 1 bag or 4 cups Frozen or Fresh Peaches, frozen solid
- 3 tbsps. Honey or Agave Nectar
- ½ cup Plain or Non-fat Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Inside a food processor, combine the frozen solid peaches, some honey or agave nectar, plain or non-fat yogurt and fresh lemon juice. Process the whole mixture for at least five minutes or until it becomes creamy.
- Next, you can either serve it immediately or you can just transfer it to a small container and put it inside a freezer.
NOTE: Whenever you choose peaches, you must choose the sweet ones and always remember that you must freeze it until it becomes solid. This will make sure that the yogurt will become cold. Don’t use frozen yogurt while you make this recipe. Aside from the fact that the finished recipe will become runny, the frozen peaches’ taste will not mix with the yogurt itself. If you want it to become creamier, just add more yogurt. If you want it to become sweeter, just add more honey.