Cakes of all types are everybody’s delight of having even on ordinary days. More so if the cake has the berry sweetness of strawberries. If your sweet tooth craves for something as delectable as stout strawberry shortcake, know that this dessert can be easily prepared right in your kitchen.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate stout
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 8 tablespoons butter, cubed into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 additional tablespoon chocolate stout (optional)
- 1 cup of strawberries,chopped into desired cut
- Preheat your oven for about 350⁰ F (or an equivalent of 190⁰C).
- Put flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt into the food processor. Process them for a few minutes until they are fully combined.
- Add the butter and process again until well mixed.
- Add the chocolate stout and sour cream and process again.
- Put the dough onto a slightly floured surface and form into a ball. Roll the ball into a rectangle of about ¾ inch thick. Cut six circles from the dough using a 3-inch biscuit cutter. Put the cut out circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the dough for about 8 minutes in a 350⁰F or until the top is dry.
- Remove from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- Mix the powdered sugar, the extra tablespoon of stout, cream and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Beat the mixture until you achieve the soft-peak form which will be seen after 4 minutes of continuous beating.
- Get the shortcakes and fill with them cream. Design the shortcakes with strawberries and serve.